We’re here to make Spatial Media easier to create, open to explore, and greater to enjoy.
Welcome to the Lab.
NEWS & UPDATES
- SML Meetup #1 – RecapYesterday, Wednesday, the 20th of October, the Spatial Media Lab held their first meetup on Gather.Town! Thanks to everyone who joined, we had some exciting conversations and excellent insights. For the first meetup, we think it was a fantastic turn out. Sixteen people were with us throughout the night and many stayed for two hours!… Continue reading SML Meetup #1 – Recap
- SML Meetup #1Welcome to the Lab! The Spatial Media Lab’s mission is to make spatial media easier to create, open to explore, and greater to enjoy. We’re connecting art, science, and engineering by building bridges between the experts in these fields. Our community exists to build and share its knowledge, all open source to the core. To… Continue reading SML Meetup #1
- Tracker update #1We finally received the prototypes, build by the fabulous Kay. Thanks a lot for your help. The prototype is the final design and is now verified. We have already a lot boxes checked:
- SML visits Not a Number StudioOn Monday, June 8th 2020 the Spatial Media Lab visited Not a Number studios in Leipzig. We met with Felix Deufel and fellow members of the studio–Martin Recker, Paul Hauptmeyer, Jason Langheim, Nina Buttendorf, and Jakob–to nerd out on spatial audio and discuss working in planetariums across Germany. We met Felix and the others at… Continue reading SML visits Not a Number Studio
- Ueberton Studios Ambisonic SetupOn Monday, February 11th we took a trip to Ueberton Studios in Hamburg, Germany to install a 9.0 ambisonic setup and upmix the new single Anomaly, from Hamburg post-rock band Collapse Under the Empire. The tools we used Software IEM Plugin Suite Noisemakers AmbiVerb HD Compass SPARTA Plugin Suite WaveCapture Tuning-Capture Plus Cuckos Reaper Cubase… Continue reading Ueberton Studios Ambisonic Setup